Sunday, April 20, 2008

Smartwater Review

So how smart is Glaceau Smartwater? Well, the water is vapor distilled, which means they change the water into vapor, then back into liquid. When the water is in vapor form, it is rid of all the impurities. Normally, you drink spring water "that comes from the ground and contains random stuff and whatever else the animals that swim in it leave behind." To top it all off, Smartwater contains electrolytes including calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Unlike other waters, it does not contain sodium, which is unhealthy in excess. I think it has a better taste than other waters. I asked other people their opinion, and most said it tasted no different from regular water. Smartwater comes in four different sizes and at my Walmart they all cost $1.08. I purchase the 750 mL, which is a sports bottle, and then I buy the largest size bottle. When I drink all of the water in the sports bottle, I refill it with the water in the larger bottle. It is less expensive that way. I don't drink Smartwater all of the time, because it is expensive, but I do like to splurge every once in a while! Did I mention the back of the water bottle is hilarious?


"We one-up the clouds by adding electrolytes just in case you do decide to hit the beach. Unfortunately, we can't fix the whole men in thongs thing."



4 comments:

xoxoTori said...

I also like Smartwater! They sell it at my school. I love the back of the bottle too! Did you see the little fish on the inside???

Livy said...

I did see the fish! HAHA!

JM said...

Like the childish comment about men's thongs is funny? I guess it's a sexist guy who loves women in thongs but not men. Get real, childish potty jokes don't belong on packaging.

All this product consists of is ordinary distilled water, which is cheep by the gallon, and some flavoring added in to hide the fact that most distilled water tastes like crap.

Anonymous said...

I drink vapor distilled water (the purest form of water, since all impurities are removed)and think it tastes wonderful. Then again I am not a huge fan of the flavor of chlorine. Yes, smart water is vapor distilled too however, if you do your research rather then talking out your butt, smart water contains essential electrolytes (magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride). For those of us whom exercise, when you sweat (the by product of exercise) you loose water AND electrolytes. If you keep drinking water and not taking in any electrolytes, you will not regain proper hydration. So why not drink smart water while you exercise because running, drinking water and eating a banana simultaneously is a wee bit difficult.