Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Enviromental Tips

Happy Earth Day! Now, I know everyone cannot plant a tree today, but there are plenty of small things you can do to save our planet. I got most of these ideas from Seventeen magazine so enjoy! Natural light is amazing so open your blinds while getting dressed in the morning rather than using lamps. You can apply your makeup more naturally while in natural light. Also, try using the same towel all week. Just hang it up to dry after your shower and imagine how much water you are saving. When you are shopping, look out for organic cotton clothes because they do not harm the environment. A fun fact is that recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to power a TV for three hours. Wow! Unplug your cellphone charger when you are not using it because it uses energy just being plugged in. I do have a little trouble with remembering to unplug my charger! I must repeat the obvious... Don't litter!

No comments: