Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Posted by Livy at 7:53 PM
Is your hair ever tangled when you get out of the shower? You try to comb your hair but it hurts really bad! Here is my little secret on tangle free hair. Rusk Calm Detangler. I have been using this product for about 2 years and I love it. It works really well and it leaves your hair feeling really soft! Check it out...
Posted by Livy at 7:48 PM
Monday, January 21, 2008
Splenda, the 0 calorie sweetener that is sweeter than sugar, but has no long term side affects and no surge in insulin. Splenda is said to be completely natural and healthier than plain table sugar. This is too good to be true. As cliche as that saying is, it is the truth. Splenda, which is the trade name for a molecule called sucralose, is made from sugar. The only difference between the two is that three of the hydroxyl groups in sugar have been replaced with chlorine in the sucralose. Also, your body is absorbing the chlorine because it does not recognize the Splenda as food, hint the 0 calories. There is more, too. In the manufacturer's experiments on rodents, Splenda caused shrunken thymus glands and enlarged livers and kidneys. But Splenda is still considered to be safe in 60 other countries.
Also in my research, there have been a lot of cases of people who become irritable and bloated and get headaches among other symptons because of Splenda. Some researchers say Splenda can be linked to some forms of cancer, too.
Posted by Livy at 3:40 PM
Sunday, January 20, 2008
I got these brilliant facts from http://bananasweb.com/bananas/Health+Benefits+of+Bananas
Posted by Livy at 9:59 PM
Here are some really helpful tips to get your hair looking fabulous!
- Use shampoo with natural oils and extracts from olives, almonds, or avocados such as Neutrogena Triple Moisture Creme Lather Shampoo.
- Put shampoo just on the roots of your hair and as you rinse it out, let the suds run down the ends.
- Let your conditioner sit on your hair for a good 5 minutes so it will penetrate for maximum shine.
- Before applying conditioner, squeeze any excess water from your hair so it doesn't dilute the ingredients.
- Before using any hot tool on your hair, apply a silicone-based shine serum to wet hair. The heat activates the silicones so they coat and smooth each strand.
- Sleep on a silk or a satin pillowcase. Cotton ones soak up the moisture from your hair, making it look dry.
Here is a great recipe that will remove buildup from your hair, making strands ultra-shiny. Put equal amounts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. After shamppoing your hair, spritz the mixture all over and let sit for 5 minutes. Then shampoo once more to get rid of the vinegar smell. Voila! Shiny hair!
I found these tips in Seventeen magazine.
Posted by Livy at 9:23 PM
- Yogurt. Yoplait has released some new yogurt called Yo-Plus Yogurt. It is made especially for your digestive system and comes in a variety of flavors-strawberry, peach, vanilla, and cherry.
- A banana. Keeps you fuller than any other food. A sweet snack.
- A handful of mixed nuts. Try the ones without a lot of peanuts and a handful is plenty.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Kashi granola bars. Very filling and super healthy.
- Thinly sliced carrots and a new dip called Fiesta Ranch. One of my favorites!
- Dried cranberries. Sweet and chewy.
Posted by Livy at 3:54 PM
Posted by Livy at 3:33 PM
Ok, so if you are anything like me, you enjoy making recipes for your hair and face rather than spending money on similar products. Here are some cool recipes you should try that will really make a difference. Enjoy and leave comments on how they worked for you! Also, I did not include any with mayo. Yuck!
Honey Mask Recipe
Remove Hair Build-up Recipe
Hair Egg Conditioner Recipe
Hair Conditioner Recipe
Banana Wrinkle Fighter Recipe
Posted by Livy at 3:07 PM
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced
2 cups frozen strawberries, raspberries, or cherries
1 cup milk
1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 to 3 tablespoons honey or to taste
Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Posted by Livy at 2:46 PM
Hello everyone and thanks for visiting my blog. You can call me Livy and I have created this blog to share some great ideas on beauty, health, current events, and anything else of interest. So tell your friends about this blog! Also feel free to leave a comment on what you would like to hear about.
Posted by Livy at 1:34 PM