Here are some really helpful tips to get your hair looking fabulous!
- Use shampoo with natural oils and extracts from olives, almonds, or avocados such as Neutrogena Triple Moisture Creme Lather Shampoo.
- Put shampoo just on the roots of your hair and as you rinse it out, let the suds run down the ends.
- Let your conditioner sit on your hair for a good 5 minutes so it will penetrate for maximum shine.
- Before applying conditioner, squeeze any excess water from your hair so it doesn't dilute the ingredients.
- Before using any hot tool on your hair, apply a silicone-based shine serum to wet hair. The heat activates the silicones so they coat and smooth each strand.
- Sleep on a silk or a satin pillowcase. Cotton ones soak up the moisture from your hair, making it look dry.
Here is a great recipe that will remove buildup from your hair, making strands ultra-shiny. Put equal amounts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. After shamppoing your hair, spritz the mixture all over and let sit for 5 minutes. Then shampoo once more to get rid of the vinegar smell. Voila! Shiny hair!
I found these tips in Seventeen magazine.